This Macaranta.com Terms and Conditions, as amended from time to time, (“Agreement”) is between ,Macaranta Group, a Nigeria Business based in Lagos State,Nigeria and its affiliates (“Macaranta” or “we” or “us”) and you (“you” or “Student” or “Instructors“).
If you are under 18 years old you will need the signed permission of your parent/guardian to enter into this Agreement and/or register for online courses(students) and course creation(instructors).
You hereby agree that you have read and downloaded, saved, and/or printed a copy of this Agreement for your records.
If you have any questions, you can speak directly with a customer representative by calling +234 8151097447.
Macaranta.com (“we”, “us”, “our”) owns and operates the website located at www.macaranta.com (the “Site”). This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use and disclose personal information we collect online from visitors to our Site.
- INFORMATION COLLECTED. We may collect and use the following types of personal information: your name, age, sex; bank account information; information regarding your use of the Site; orders you place; registration information; information that you browser sends whenever you visit the Site; and any other information you provide to us. You do not need to register or provide us with any personal information in order to visit and view the Site. However, if you wish to receive newsletters, make a purchase, enter any contest, or participate in certain other Site activities, you may be asked to register and/or submit certain personally identifiable information. Such information may include your name, e-mail address, street or postal address, telephone number, or other information.
- LOG DATA When you visit the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, and any links on which you click. We use Log Data to monitor the use of the Site and for the Site’s technical administration, such as to optimize use with your particular browser software and we may also use Log Data to detect fraudulent use practices on the Site. We do not associate your IP address with any other personally identifiable information to identify you personally, except in case of violation of the Site’s terms and conditions.
- USE OF INFORMATION We may use your personal information for a variety of purposes related to the Site, such as to administer the Site, personalize the Site for you, process any purchases and payments and fulfill any orders, and process any contest entry you may make through the Site. We may also use it to contact you in the future regarding the Site, including through marketing communications, and regarding any other of our or of our business partners’ contests, products and services that we think may interest you. If you contact us by e-mail or regular mail, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and may use your e-mail or street address and any information that you provide to us in your message in order to respond to you. We may also use information collected to evaluate and improve the Site and the user experience or our other products and services.
- SERVICE PROVIDERS We may engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, such as hosting and maintenance, database storage and management, advertising sales, e-mail marketing, e-commerce functions and credit card/payment processing. We will share your personally identifiable information with these third parties to the extent necessary for them to perform these functions and subject to their agreement to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
- COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAWS AND LAW ENFORCEMENT Our policy is to cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and, in certain circumstances, private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose your personal information to government or law enforcement officials or private parties to the extent we determine, in our sole discretion, is necessary or appropriate in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings (including subpoenas) or to establish, enforce or defend our legal rights and interests or the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally questionable activity, or to otherwise comply with applicable court orders, laws, rules and regulations.
- CHANGING OR DELETING INFORMATION You may at any time request to see and update or correct the information you have provided to us by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
- SECURITY Safeguarding the confidentiality and use of your personally identifiable information is very important to us. We employ reasonable administrative and technical measures designed to protect your information from loss, misuse, alteration or unauthorized access. We store all personal information you provide via the Site on secure servers, and information relating to electronic transactions you enter into via the Site are protected by encryption technology.
- THIRD PARTIES & LINKS TO OTHER SITES Our Site may contain advertisements and links to other web sites. This is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of any affiliation with those advertisers or the operators of those web sites. We do not exercise control over third party web sites. They may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, and collect or solicit both personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information from you. Other web sites have their own privacy policies and practices and we encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies or statements of the other web sites and services you visit.
- OUR POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN If a child we know to be under the age of 13 wishes to contact us through the Site with a one-time question, we will only ask for a first name and e-mail address together with the name and address of a parent or legal guardian. We will use such information only to respond to the question, will copy the parent or guardian on all correspondence, and will delete all information afterwards.
Otherwise, we do not knowingly permit registration or purchases by, or collect personally identifiable information from, children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal identifiable Information, we will delete it from our files. If any parent or guardian becomes aware that their child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent (or that we have otherwise collected or obtained such information), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Site visitors between the ages of 13 and 17 should ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to us (or to anyone) over the Internet, and absolutely must have their parent’s consent before using a credit card.
- UNSUBSCRIBING/OPT-OUT All e-mails you receive from us will include specific instructions on how to unsubscribe (or “opt-out” from receiving further communications from us, and you may do so at any time.
- CHANGE OF POLICY We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement from time to time, and we will notify you of any material changes by posting the new Privacy Statement here and changing the effective date above. We may also send our registered users an e-mail advising that changes have been made. Each version will apply to information collected while it was in place. Therefore, we encourage you to check this page periodically for any changes.
- CHANGE IN OWNERSHIP In the event we change ownership or merge with another entity, we reserve the right to transfer or sell all user and customer information, including names and email and postal addresses, to a separate entity.
- INFORMATION COLLECTED. We may collect and use the following types of personal information: your name, age, sex; credit card or bank account information; information regarding your use of the Site; orders you place; registration information; information that you browser sends whenever you visit the Site; and any other information you provide to us. You do not need to register or provide us with any personal information in order to visit and view the Site. However, if you wish to receive newsletters, make a purchase, enter any contest, or participate in certain other Site activities, you may be asked to register and/or submit certain personally identifiable information. Such information may include your name, e-mail address, street or postal address, telephone number, password, and credit card billing or other payment information.
- USE OF INFORMATION. Subject to all applicable court orders, laws, rules and regulations, Macaranta reserves the right to use your personal information for any purposes that we may choose, including sharing with such information with third parties for purposes such as hosting and maintenance, database storage and management, advertising sales, e-mail marketing, e-commerce functions and credit card/payment processing.
- OUR POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN. Macaranta does not sell services for purchases by children. We may offer services, classes & Workshops tailored for children, however said services and/or classes are to be purchased by adults. If you are under 18 years of age, you must have the involvement and consent of a parent or guardian. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal identifiable Information, we will delete it from our files. If any parent or guardian becomes aware that their child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent (or that we have otherwise collected or obtained such information), please contact us at email@example.com.
- THIRD PARTIES AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES. Our Site may contain advertisements and links to other web sites. This is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of any affiliation with those advertisers or the operators of those web sites. We do not exercise control over third party web sites. They may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, and collect or solicit both personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information from you. Other web sites have their own privacy policies and practices and we encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies or statements of the other web sites and services you visit.
- CHANGING OR DELETING INFORMATION. You may at any time request to see and update or correct the information you have provided to us by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CHANGE IN OWNERSHIP. In the event we change ownership or merge with another entity, we reserve the right to transfer, sell, or assign all information that we have collected.
PART III – INSTRUCTOR POLICY
Instructor Application Approval is solely at the discretion of macaranta.com.We are not liable for any law suit or suits with regards instructor account approval or reversion. We will however give reasons for any decision prior to it’s execution.
Copyright violations it is very important that our instructors respect copyright requirements.Plagiarism,material content theft is a violation to our instructor account holders,we reserve the sole right to reverse all instructor accounts violating this requirements.
Funds and Funds withdrawal requests:All funds due instructors shall be paid only into instructor voguepay accounts via their voguepay I.D’s .This will be done at intervals of 7 days.However special requests for funds withdrawal shall be attended to as the need arises.
Refunds for students:Refunds to paying students will be considered if after investigation instructor course is found to be deceitful, lacks quality that is verifiable and has major poor review ratings.We shall refund students after duly notifying the instructor via mail and explaining our reasons.However its is a rare scenario.
Instructor conduct:The instructor shall provide support for students with regards answering their course questions,supporting them through learning process via course forums,groups and basically guiding them through the learning process.
Instructor admin support:We shall always be available to respond to all inquiries from our instructor as the success of our website depends on the quality of instructors we attract here.Thus having a group of happy and satisfied instructors is our desire.
PART IV – ENROLLMENT
- PAYMENT OF COURSE FEES & ENROLLMENT. The most cost effective way to pay for your course is to pay in full and ensuring the transaction is correct and error free.The prices listed on the website are “paid in full”.
- COURSE WITHDRAWAL & REFUND POLICY. If you need to withdraw from your course then you must notify us via mail to email@example.com in (email is acceptable and preferred) stating reasons why you wish to withdraw from the course.
All refunds are subject to a 7 days investigation of stated reasons and the refund is subject to our enquiry findings.We reserve the sole right to reject or accept a refund request.
Merchandise Merchandise purchases are non-refundable.
Macaranta reserves the right to send fraudulent transactions to security agencies for investigation and prosecution.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property rights in Macaranta courses and course materials, online, including without limitation designs, copyrights, database rights, trademarks, patents, application to register any of the aforementioned rights, trade secrets and/or know how, are and shall remain the exclusive property of Macaranta. You may not, without the express written consent of Macaranta, reproduce, copy, disseminate, broadcast, or otherwise use any intellectual property owned or controlled by Macaranta, including any intellectual property contained in any course or/and workshop or/and private materials or trademarks used by Macaranta Instructors.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Macaranta’s liability to you hereunder shall be limited to the total amount you have actually paid to us for the applicable course. Except as set out herein, macaranta.com shall under no circumstances be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any indirect or consequential loss arising hereunder or in connection with the courses and/or workshops and/or privates provided by Macaranta or the use/application of any of our courses/information. Nothing in this Agreement shall operate to limit or exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence.
- FORCE MAJEURE. For the purposes of this Agreement, “Force Majeure Event” means any event beyond the reasonable control of Macaranta including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving the workforce of the party or any other party), failure of a utility service or transport network, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, including governmental visa status, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm or default of suppliers or subcontractors. We shall not be liable to you as a result of any delay or failure to perform its obligations under this Agreement as a result of a Force Majeure Event. If the Force Majeure Event prevents us from providing a course or other services promised to you for more than four (4) weeks, We shall, without limiting its other rights or remedies, have the right to terminate this Agreement immediately by written notice.
PART IV – NO LIABILITY OR WARRANTY ON PRODUCTS
- PRODUCTS. “Products” shall mean any goods that you may purchase or receive from Macaranta, www.macaranta.com or its affiliate websites or other physical goods.
- NO WARRANTY. We expressly excludes all warranties, express or implied, as to the Products being merchantable or fit for any particular purpose and all other warranties therein.
- NO LIABILITY.Macaranta hereby disclaims liability and you agree that and in no event shall we be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or special damages, including without limitation damages from injury, electrocution, fire, loss of revenue or profits, costs of labor, overhead, transportation, installation or removal of Equipment, or any damages from or attributable to your use of the Products. This disclaimer shall apply whether or not Macaranta has been made aware of the possibility of such damages.
PART V – GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- ASSIGNMENT. Macaranta may at any time assign, transfer, charge, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any of its rights under the Agreement and may subcontract or delegate in any manner any or all of its obligations under the Agreement to any third party.
- WAIVER. If a court or any other competent authority finds that any provision of the Agreement (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of the Agreement shall not be affected.
- AMENDMENTS. We reserve the right to modify this Agreement from time to time, and we will notify you of any material changes by posting the new Agreement on macaranta.com and changing the effective date above.
- LAW AND JURISDICTION. This Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Lagos State,Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- DISPUTE: Disputing parties will promptly notify us in writing of any dispute. Each party’s responses is evaluated and a proper conclusion will be done on the matter
- CONTACT AND NOTICE DETAILS.